Without our dedicated volunteers, both members and non-members, the awarded scholarships in the visual and performing arts would not be possible. Please consider donating your time, talents, or home (for the home tour). The Women’s Committee of Fine Arts of Mount Dora welcomes all volunteers, whether you are a member or not.
We also need volunteers to staff the tour homes and home owners to volunteer to put their homes on the Christmas Tour of Homes. Over 120, four-hour shifts to staff the tour homes. To inquire about featuring your home on the Christmas Tour of Homes or help at a home, please contact Vivian McGuire at (352) 720-3939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of some volunteer opportunities is listed below. However, we welcome adding new events which support our mission of fostering the arts through youth education. If you have a different talent to share or a passion you would like share and develop to expand our current activities, we are open to other volunteer opportunities and new ideas.
To volunteer or discuss potentially volunteering, please contact Vivian McGuire at (352) 720-3939 or email@example.com to see how you can get involved or email the chairperson/director of the committee directly.
Volunteer Committees and Committee Activities
Christmas Tour of Homes Committee: Our biggest event in need of the most volunteers!
- Finds homes for the Christmas Tour of Homes
- Coordinates event with home owners
- Recruits and trains member and community volunteers to act as hosts and hostesses for the tour homes. These volunteers recount information provided by homeowners about the homes and facilitate guests tour of the homes.
- Manages production of marketing and event materials (e.g., banners, posters, signs, and tour pamphlet)
- Coordinates with publicity committee, music, and social network committees
Music Committee: Arranges professional and student musicians for our events, including the three annual lunches and the Christmas Tour of Homes. For more information, please contact Terri Sullivan at (352) 383-0344 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Committee: Manages the entire application and tryout process, including preparing application forms, receiving, and reviewing scholarship applications, notifying schools and guidance councilors, arranging the tryout venue, recruiting judges, and arranging volunteers to assist during the tryouts, presents awards at the scholarship awards lunch. For more information, please contact: Bonnie McKay (Visual Arts) at (352) 735-2982 or email@example.com or Suzanne Gibson (Performing Arts) 352-455-7844 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Committee: Promotes new and continuing membership through renewal reminders and networking with other local organizations, manages and produces the membership directory, and staffs membership table at our one breakfast and three lunch events. For more information, please contact Vivian McGuire at (352) 720-3939 or email@example.com.
- Arranges talent/speakers for November and February lunch entertainment (e.g., floral demonstration, accessory demonstration, fashion show). For more information, please contact Gina Conway at (352) 729-6394 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receives reservations and money from attendees for our annual lunches and checks in guests at these events. For more information, please contact Carol Gregory at 352-383-8721 or email@example.com.
Hospitality Committee: Arranges venues, menus, and decor for our lunch and breakfast events and arranges raffle prizes for events. For more information, please see Kelly Irvin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publicity Committee: Publicizes our events (e.g., Tour of Homes, membership coffee, lunches) through local media. For more information, please contact Cathleen Arciero at email@example.com.